What Is Film Noir?
"Raymond Chandler defined it best. He described the Film Noir hero as a knight in dirty armor. He is a knight, he just doesn’t look like one. And he’s never rewarded for what he does. He’s this lonely character who’s out there and he’s just bugged by stuff."
Frank Miller
"I can tell you I know it when I see it but I don’t know how to define it. Almost every element you name as the definition of a Noir film would apply to Casablanca but you would not call Casablanca a Noir film."
Sydney Pollack
"Film noir is not a genre. It is not defined, as are the western and ganster genres, by conventions of setting and conflict, but rather by the more subtle qualities of tone and mood."
Paul Joseph Schrader
"Noir is premised on the audience's need to see failure risked, courted, and sometimes won; the American dreams becomes a nightmare, one strangely more seductive and euprohic than the optimisim it repudiates... Noir provided losing with a mystique."
Ann Douglas
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hello We are OddThemes, Our name came from the fact that we are UNIQUE. We specialize in designing premium looking fully customizable highly responsive blogger templates. We at OddThemes do carry a philosophy that: Nothing Is Impossible




0 yorum:
Yorum Gönder